Prehistoric Haridwar is one of the oldest alive cities and one of the seven holiest places in India. Hindus watch Haridwar as “the foremost footstep to God”. For the reason, Hindu gods are supposed to have personified at these places various avatars. For Hindus, Haridwar is a holy expedition to release them from the never-ending cycle of fatality and revival.
Every evening, the river has the specialty of the aarti. Lamps are lit, prayers are to be had, and small candles are floated down the river. The area around the Ganges River consists of sadhus (holy men), pundits (Hindu priests), devotee, mentors, and tramps.
Haridwar is along the Ganges River near Rishikesh. Haridwar is the foundation of the Shivalik mountain range in Uttarakhand. Hence the trains from the major cities all over India stop at the Haridwar on the way to Dehradun. As well as the people who are coming from Delhi can hire cab service in Delhi for outstation trips. As well as it takes only four hours to get there by train or six hours by the road. The best tour package and cab service provider offer reliable service.
Other information includes:
- Trains have a stop at Haridwar on their way to Dehradun.
- The nearest airport is Dehradun’s Jolly Grant Airport which is about 40 kilometers (25 miles) north of Haridwar.
- For the reason, it takes an hour to travel from the airport to Haridwar.
Suitable time to go Haridwar
- October to July is the best time to visit Haridwar.
- The clean water of the Ganges is really soothing though, and May to June is regarded as the highlight period.
- It is not suitable to go Haridwar in summers. From April to July, get very hot in Haridwar and temperature jump to around 40 degrees Celsius.
- The monsoon season from July to September is unsuitable as the tributary becomes unsafe and currents are strong because of the rain.
- Winters (from November until February), the water is cold, but there’s also fog in the sky and nights get chilly.
Places to visit
Haridwar’s main attractions are its temples particularly Mansa Devi temple, ghats, and Ganges River. The main ghat is known as Har ki Pauri, meaning “footsteps of Lord Vishnu”.
Daksha Mahadev Temple is the oldest temple in Haridwar. Haridwar is a great place for Ayurvedic medicine. As many roots and shrubs that are grown in the Himalayas are available there.
The most famous festival at Haridwar is the Kumbh Mela. As which is held once every 12 years. Many other religious Hindu festivals are celebrated in Haridwar. Like Kanwar Mela, Somwati Amavasya, Ganga Dussehra, Kartik Poornima, and Baisakhi. Now visitors are also booking Char Dham Tour Package from Haridwar to visit both the holy places.
Haridwar is much larger and more stretched out than nearby Rishikesh. Therefore Bara Bazaar is an interesting place to shop.
Here, auto rickshaws are the best option for moving around. You’ll find religious things and Ayurvedic medicines too.
Place to Stay
There are plenty of options existing to reside in Haridwar. It will be good to settle somewhere along the river. To really take pleasure in and be glad about Haridwar. Hotels located in Haridwar are well suited.
Where to Eat and What To Eat
- Chotiwala at Subhash Ghat is well-known for its thalis. Bhagwati’s Chhole Bhature, on the way to Mansa Devi Temple, is a popular breakfast for people.
- Mohan Ji Puri Wale, near Har Ki Pauri, is famed for aloo (potato) puri. Mathura Walo ki Pracheen Dukan, near Thanda Kuan Moti Bazaar, is well-known for sweet dishes.
- Hoshiyar Puri is on Upper Road; illustrious for vegetables like (the daal makhani and paneer masala)
- Therefore Rajaji national park is situated 10 km away from Haridwar. Its eco-system is 10 million years old, and a diverse range of wildlife can be seen there.
- You can visit Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali yogpreeth. Hence this is an interesting educational institution aims to link ancient knowledge with modern art.
- Consequently, many people visit Rishikesh also. So, Rishikesh is the center of attraction for foreigners who come to learn yoga and spend time at its many ashrams.
Like & Share: @maharanacabs